North Park University is a changed place in the last 10 years. It’s still in the same location on the Northwest side of Chicago, and it remains true to its strong affiliation with the Evangelical Covenant Church. However, thanks to a thoughtful integration of tax exempt financing into the planning and implementation of its strategic plan, North Park has made great strides toward securing its long-term future.
Ice Miller has been privileged to advise North Park and to serve as bond counsel in two transformative financings over the last nine years which have allowed the university to:
• engage in two successful fundraising campaigns;
• build its endowment and strategic reserves;
• rationalize and improve its debt structure;
• rehabilitate and renew its campus;
• build several signature facilities;
• support significant program growth; and
• support significant enrollment growth.
North Park has accomplished the above while retaining its institutional flexibility, preserving its historic mission and securing future growth possibilities.