Vontoo, Inc. is a leading provider of permission-based automated voice marketing solutions for 21st century customer communication. Vontoo delivers the technology, know-how and Federal Trade Commission compliance expertise to allow marketers to add text, voice messaging and interactive video to complement and supplement communications with their customers.
Vontoo’s solutions serve the differing needs of clients ranging from start-ups and small businesses to larger corporate enterprises, including sports franchises, universities, finance companies and government entities. Vontoo's Web-based solutions actually reduce customers' overall marketing spending, while increasing response rates, sales and value of each communication.
Ice Miller has been counseling Vontoo since its inception and has led Vontoo through multiple rounds of fundraising, as well as providing legal guidance on general corporate governance and regulatory compliance. Most notably, Ice Miller assisted Vontoo in raising more than $5 million in venture financing over four separate rounds of financing from September 2006 through December 2008.
Ice Miller provides support and advice for all aspects of Vontoo's business, including:
• fundraising and securities compliance;
• internal contracts and agreements (such as employment agreements, director/officer agreements and equity compensation plans);
• external customer and strategic agreements (such as reseller agreements and channel development);
• regulatory compliance for various state and federal Do Not Call rules and telemarketing legislation;
• general corporate governance; and
• labor and employment issues.
Ice Miller's experience in navigating the challenges facing start-ups and small businesses as well as a broad array of industry-specific knowledge has helped Vontoo grow to become an industry-leader in the emerging market for permission-based voice messaging services.