Dustin DuBois is a partner with Ice Miller and concentrates his practice in various facets of intellectual property and transactions.
Dustin designs strategies for clients' intellectual property portfolios based on their goals as well as market expectations, securing patents, trademarks and other forms of intellectual property.
He also assists clients in negotiation of and drafting a variety of commercial contracts such as strategic alliances, joint development and licensing agreements, including such representative transactions as:
• A long-term strategic alliance for a life sciences diagnostic product development and distribution;
• A $12 million enterprise class software and professional services agreement for a multinational software client;
• Hundreds of six and seven figure licensing and supply agreements;
• Negotiation of dozens of international agreements and agreements with many of the largest companies in the world;
• Establishment of a variety of form contracts for software companies;
• Support of mergers, acquisitions and private equity and venture capital financing deals; and
• Intellectual property cross licenses, exclusive licenses and university licensing and joint development agreements.
Dustin assists clients with other complex legal issues including compliance with export control regulations, international privacy laws, and in compliance with a host of other regulatory frameworks.
Dustin graduated from Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology in 1992. He earned his law degree, cum laude, at Indiana University School of Law in 2000.
Prior to attending law school, he worked in product development, management and technical advisory capacities for such major U.S. companies as Caterpillar, General Motors and Betz Laboratories.
Dustin is admitted to practice law in the state of Indiana and before the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
"What's a Patent Worth?" Indiana Lawyer, July 7, 2010