Henry Efroymson is the co-chair of the Bankruptcy and Financial Restructuring Practice Group. Breadth of experience and client service are the hallmarks of Henry's practice. Concentrating his practice in loan workout, creditor/debtor disputes and bankruptcy for over 30 years, he helps guide small, medium and large businesses through the complexities of financial distress.
Henry is among a limited number of creditors’ rights attorneys with experience in virtually every type of client representation within the field – financial institutions, business debtors, creditors’ committees, indenture trustees, state and local government, shareholders, stock and asset purchasers, lessors and vendors, and bankruptcy trustees and examiners.
He has handled significant cases all over the country in a wide variety of industries and economic segments. Most recent representations of note:
• Resolved a $100m joint venture dispute on behalf of a multi-national steel manufacturer in the WP Steel Chapter 11 case in Delaware;
• Represented regional utility conglomerate in the divestment of interests in ProLiance Energy;
• Represented the Debtor in the reorganization of a $500m multi-state ethanol production company in Chapter 11 case in Delaware;
• Represented several critical suppliers in the GM, Chrysler and Delphi Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases;
• Represented secured creditors and lenders in the reorganization of a luxury golf course community in Central Indiana;
• Represented GE Capital as secured lender to the largest mobile home park in the Midwest in foreclosure and Chapter 11 bankruptcy;
• Represented several international airports in the ATA and United Airlines Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases;
• Represent two former directors in actions brought against them in the Tribune Chapter 11 bankruptcy pending in Delaware.
In addition to his workout and bankruptcy experience, Henry applies his knowledge of commercial law and secured transactions to large restructurings and financial transactions. As the chair of Indiana’s task force to revise both Indiana’s fraudulent transfer laws and Indiana’s version of the Uniform Commercial Code, Henry provides an important perspective to this structure of transactions, as well as to litigation over deal disputes.
Because financial distress in the business world can be highly technical and frustrating, Henry places his emphasis on client attention. Every effort is made by the Business Bankruptcy and Creditor/Debtor Disputes Group to ensure that clients are familiar with the issues involved in their dispute and all developments on the path to resolution.
Before joining Ice Miller in 1991, Henry was a partner with Ancel & Dunlap, an Indianapolis bankruptcy boutique firm.
Indiana Continuing Legal Education Forum
American Bankruptcy Institute
Commercial Law League of America
Appearances on Inside Indiana Business show with Gerry Dick
Moderator, "Risk Analysis in Business Transactions" webinar hosted by Ice Miller, June 15, 2016