Jeremy Grayem is a partner in Ice Miller's Public Affairs/Gaming Group and Government Law Group. Jeremy focuses his practice on utilities/regulatory-related litigation before state regulatory agencies, such as the Public Utilities Commission of Ohio (PUCO) and Ohio Power Siting Board, as well as various Ohio state and federal courts.
Jeremy has experience in the following matters:
• utilities-based litigation (traditional and regulatory)
• contractual/business disputes
• eminent domain/appropriations valuations and litigation (utility-related and traditional)
• protection/procurement of easements and property interests
• insurance coverage analysis and prosecution/defense
• bad faith insurance denial claims analysis and prosecution/defense
• environmental/land use litigation and zoning challenges
Jeremy advises his clients at all stages of pre-litigation and litigation, evaluating the risks and benefits of litigation, and examining potential avenues for early resolution. Jeremy works with his clients to develop and execute a collaborative case strategy, including scope of discovery, witness (lay and expert) identification, deposition strategy, dispositive motion strategy and execution, mediation, pre-trial/hearing motion practice, and trial/hearing. Jeremy has created and managed civil litigation teams in a wide array of the matters above and has presented written briefs and/or oral arguments before numerous Ohio County Courts of Common Pleas, Ohio Appellate Courts, Ohio Federal District Courts, the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals, the Ohio Supreme Court, and the Public Utilities Commission of Ohio.
Jeremy graduated from Miami (OH) University summa cum laude in 1996, with a double major in political science and history. He obtained his juris doctorate, with honors, from The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law in 2000. Jeremy clerked with Schottenstein, Zox & Dunn in the summer of 1999 and began working with SZD in September 2000. Jeremy has remained with the legacy SZD firm, now Ice Miller LLP.