Lisa Erb Harrison's primary area of practice is employee benefits law with a concentration in local and state governmental employers. Her practice includes work with qualified plans, governmental deferred compensation plans, 403(b) plans and health benefits. Her public sector clients include state-wide defined benefit and defined contribution retirement systems, state governments, municipalities, school corporations and other public entities.
Lisa's practice includes work with:
• qualified defined benefit and defined contribution plans
• governmental 457(b) deferred compensation plans
• 403(b) plans
• health benefits
Her public sector clients include:
• state-wide defined benefit and defined contribution retirement systems
• state governments, municipalities and school corporations
• other public entities
Her practice includes work on a wide range of issues for governmental retirement plans, both defined benefit and defined contribution, including:
• plan design and documentation
• plan administration processes
• Internal Revenue Service operational compliance issues
• benefit taxation and reporting
She has experience in:
• IRS determination letter applications
• private letter ruling requests, including death and disability taxation pickup issues, and 115 retiree health trusts
• IRS (Employee Plans Compliance Resolution System) plan correction filings.
She works with several large governmental volume submitter plans, obtaining IRS approval of such plans.
She has also been a registered lobbyist in the state of Indiana and has worked with several governmental clients on legislative matters in the Indiana General Assembly.
Harrison, a native of Rensselaer, Ind., attended Butler University and received her Bachelor of Arts in political science and history in 1989, graduating summa cum laude, with highest honors. In 1992, she received her juris doctorate from Indiana University Maurer School of Law, graduating cum laude. While attending Indiana University Maurer School of Law, she served as managing editor for the Indiana Law Journal.
Before joining Ice Miller in November 1996, Harrison served as law clerk to the Hon. William I. Garrard, Judge of the Indiana Court of Appeals.
She is admitted to practice in the state of Indiana, in addition to the Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit.