Tara Schulstad Sciscoe is a partner in the Employee Benefits Group of Ice Miller LLP. She advises employers, plans and trusts with respect to the design and compliance of their employee benefit programs, including their retirement plans, deferred compensation plans, health and welfare plans, severance plans, early retirement programs, executive compensation programs, tuition remission and fringe benefit plans, and phased retirement programs.
Examples of key matters:
• Advising governmental, private and tax-exempt employers with respect to Health Care Reform compliance
• Designing and implementing early retirement programs for colleges and universities
• Structuring, drafting and implementing executive compensation programs for presidents and coaches
• Working with church plans with respect to retirement and welfare plan compliance across multiple interrelated programs and across multiple states
• Advising employers regarding wellness programs, cafeteria plan compliance, health savings accounts, and defined contribution health care strategies
• Consulting with tax-exempt and educational employers on all aspects of 403(b) plan compliance
Tara graduated from Duke University in 1991 earning a Bachelor of Arts, cum laude, in psychology and political science. She earned her juris doctorate, cum laude and Order of the Coif, from the University of Michigan in 1994, where she was a contributing editor of the Michigan Law Review. Born in Indianapolis, Ind., Tara joined Ice Miller in 1994.